The best part about the weekend is the brunch on Sunday. Recently, I have been heading from my home in the Palisades to West Hollywood to Soho House for brunch. It’s a huge spread ranging from crepes to salads to fried chicken and a bit of everything in between. Plus you cannot miss the view of the entire city on a Sunday morning. Its less hustle and bustle and if it’s a clear day you can see the ocean. Our son comes with us and we usually take in a kids movie in their screening room. Here are a few brunch outfit ideas for your different sunday morning moods. TGIF! -MRA
Comfort food is just what the doctor ordered yesterday. I was so glad that I had plans with a friend to try out the new and improved NoMad Bar. I went to the Nomad Hotel for dinner last week and got some insider tips from a friend of the chef. We had ordered the roasted chicken for two and he mentioned that the Chicken Pot Pie around the corner was UNREAL. He was right. As soon as we sat down (it was about a 90 minute wait) it was the first thing we ordered, along with a few other amazing sides (the chick pea flatbread: delish). They bring you the chicken pot pie, break it open, pour in foie gras and truffle, and mix it up for you all at your table. It was one of the best meals I’ve had in awhile and I can’t wait to go back! -KH
Any girl has her basic must have items that she always has in her closet, bag or bathroom. I have tried out a lot of products over the years and have finally found some key items that will never go out of style.
- Plain white tee-Every girl needs this in her closet and needs to purge those white tees every fee months. We partnered with t-shirt designer Nation to create the Beckley x Nation tee which is slightly cropped for those of us mommies out there who still want to be on trend but don’t want to bare it all.
- Face oil-Investing in a good face oil is a must for your beauty regime. I have tried a few over the years and fell in love with Sunday Riley’s Juno face oil last year. Post face wash, I lather my face up with this rich oil (though its smell is not so desirable think herb and spice smell) Then I let it work its magic while I sleep. Sometimes after I apply my make up, I pat a bit around my cheeks to give me that J Lo dewy glow.
- Sunnies-Yes black sunnies are a necessity. Need I say more. You can never have enough sunglasses and Karen Walker has done them right!
- High-waisted jeans-A few years ago, I started to dabble into the world of high waist denim. The ones I had were from a brand that no longer exists and they were a high waist wide leg very 60′s inspired. Then last year I tried the Citizens of Humanity Rocket jean and I have never looked back since. I cannot wait to rock my high-waisted jeans post baby. They are flattering on all ages and can be worn with our slightly cropped tee or tucked in white button down. If you don’t own a pair, buy them today you won’t regret it.
- Uber exfoliant-I know I forget to exfoliate my face each week but now that I have discovered Koh Gen Do’s Gommage gel, I will never forget. You apply a thin layer all over the skin and let it sit for a few minutes. Then you gently rub it off which simultaneously removes all the impurities from your skin. It takes years off. This is a must have in your beauty arsenal.
I have personally tried and vetted all of these products. If you are looking to invest in some basics these are the best products on the market now. Not so basic but rather a necessity! -MRA
I have never liked working out, but recently I have become addicted to barre classes.
I decided to try PopPhysique while I was in LA, and I am hooked. It was created by former ballet dancer, Jennifer Williams- (and branded by her husband, Deric). Pop uses the principles of dance to create long and lean physiques and tight muscles. You warm up with planks and pushups and end with abs with a whole lot of “seat work” in between. The stretching breaks at the bar strategically placed throughout the hour are what allow you to make it through an intense 60 minutes. The results? A great ass, improved posture, and an overall toned physique. The BEST part is the music. I am a lover of hip hop so when a song comes on I love I push even harder. This class is fun and killer at the same time, but at the end of the hour you feel amazing.
Of course when I came back to New York, I had to find another barre class (it’s a safe addiction people)- So I tried out Pure Barre. The class is formatted differently- I have tried out about 5 different instructors so far and it seems that they all keep to a similar routine with variations. Pure Barre goes much quicker then Pop and you kind of know what to expect after a few classes. This is definitely helpful as you don’t have to spend any time trying to figure out how to twist your body etc. In this class, you never stop moving- I can barely take a sip of water before we are on to the next thing! Don’t expect to hear any hip hop here- it’s mostly pop music, but my friend did say they played lil jon the other day so here’s hoping!! -KH
Pop Physique has locations throughout California and one in Baltimore.
Pure Barre has locations all over the country.
As we are almost in our final month of summer, one trend I love most from this summer is the casual yet cool look of sneakers and skirts or dresses. As everyone knows, I am a huge fan of sneakers anything from Chanel, Dior, Valentino, Keds, Nike and Mother of Pearl. Really any sneaker is game for my sneaker collection. You want your kicks to be seen so keep your skirt or dress length to your knee or right below. Have fun with this even thought this is a serious fashion trend that I don’t think is going anywhere soon. So its ok to invest in an expensive and inexpensive sneaker because your will wear them all season long. Grab your kicks and go! Happy Monday. -MRA
You’re summer anthem now has a super cool video, you’re welcome. -KH
My best girlfriend and my sister-in-law introduced me to the seasons must have earring Dior’s “Tee Shirt”. I immediately was obsessed with the mismatched ball concept and the array of colors they were offered in. My mom raced to the Dior store at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, of course she was obsessed with them too and had to have them immediately. They are offered in a rainbow of colors and really can be worn as the name says with a tee and jeans. I have two pairs, one two toned gold and silver and another a deep navy blue. I have worn them all summer long as they add a pop and pick me up to any of your day or night looks. -MRA