The more I have traveled, I have learned the art of not over packing. I have not fully mastered it yet, but have learned it’s much better to bring the essentials then to have to drag a huge suitcase full of “options.” My go to check list for packing this weekend is to bring 10 things that create several outfits that I can wear different ways. I am spending the holidays in Maryland with my family and friends that I don’ t get to see often- so looking good is a must!
1. A Heather Grey Sweatshirt- Even better if it has artwork. My trick is to wear it with the artwork layered over a white button up, and for a more casual look turn it inside out so that the terry cloth part is facing outward! (I love all of the Rodarte ones!)
2. White button up- Great for layering and pairs back with denim. The brand sundry can do no wrong, I opt for a cotton button up over silk.
3. L/S tee- perfect for running errands or lounging around. Also great for traveling!
I’m obsessed with Zara basics!
4. Oversized blazer- again, great for layering or wearing simple with denim. If you’re in the market for a detailed blazer, Alexander Wang is always the answer.
5. Black denim- Can be dressed up and down and pairs back to all the tops. The high rise rockets are the perfect denim- tried and true by all of the Beckley girls.
6. Fitted Printed Tube skirt- Dress it up with a white button up or down with the grey crew neck sweatshirt. This tartan plaid topshop skirt is on trend without being too flashy.
7. Simple Black Shift Dress with sleeve details- This is great with a white button up underneath, on it’s own, or with the blazer layered over top. This leather sleeved Miu Miu will be in your closet forever!
8. Statement necklace- Dresses up a casual tee. I’m obsessed with this Eddie Borgo pyramid pave necklace.
9. Black Booties- These polish up any of the above looks. These are pony haired SW’s, and in my opinion Stuart Weitzman does no wrong with design and comfort.
10. Flats- A pair of interesting flats elevates any casual look. Miu Miu has fully mastered flats.
There ya go- several outfits created out of 10 flawlessly designed pieces!! -KH